Moving Long Distance - Terminology
Moving Quotes | Moving Estimate | Inventory | Ballpark | Non/Binding estimate
Moving long distance has various factors involved. Relocating your life cross country and from state to state make you have to learn and deal with new terms and contracts wich include a lot of new terminology - Here we have a dictionary for Moving Long Distance - Here you can find all the terminology that you need for a state to state move! - After going over the terminology you can go over real long distance move estimates and see the contract, inventory list and of course pricing.
Just remember that each move has it's own price due to variable factors involved.
Please fill required fields
Thank You! We'll Contact You Soon
Please fill in the form and our team
will contact you ASAP
We believe in transparency and clarity so see that you understand all the terms involved long distance moving!
Moving Long Distance - Terminology
Quote / Estimate – the service proposal you get from the moving company.
Lbs / Cubic feet - unit of measurement - we price our proposals based on Lbs (each Cubic feet is equals to 7 Lbs)
Inventory list – list of items
Shuttle service – A use of a smaller truck to deliver the goods because of an access problem or a legal issue
Peak season rates - Higher rates in the Summer time
Off season rates – lower rates in the Winter time
Order for service – the "Final" quote – the quote that you are getting from the moving company after your relocation is booked.
Long carry – if the distance between the customer's door and the truck is more than 75 feet – we will charge per feet
Extra flights of stairs – The first flight of stairs is free (up to 10-12 steps), additional charge per flight starts from the 2nd floor and up.
Pick up window – the range/window of days for pick up (usually 2 days)
Guaranteed pick up date – A pick up date WITHOUT a range/window
Delivery window – The range/date on which you can have your items delivered in destination (starting with the earliest day for delivery)
Guaranteed Delivery date – A delivery date WITHOUT a range
Storage in transit – Storage facility where we store the goods between pickup and delivery
Handling/Bulky items fee – Additional charge for specific items (usually oversized or bulky)
D.O.T - "Department of Transportation" – All moving companies should be registered with them, have an active license with them and follow their regulations
Binding estimate - When you provide an inventory we can provide a "Binding" (guaranteed price) estimates – 90% of our estimates
Non binding estimate – when you DOE'NT provide an inventory list and we price it based on weight (not a guaranteed price) – 10% of our estimates
Full Packing service – When our team packs everything from A to Z (included unlimited packing supplies and labor), We price it per Lbs
Partial packing service – When our team packs only the breakables – we price it per item
Extra stop – If the customer has an additional pickup/delivery location
Basic insurance – we provide the basic insurance for free, It's up to $100,000 coverage and it's based on $0.60/lbs
Replacement value insurance – An additional coverage insurance that you can purchase through insurance companies that we work with
Payment method – they way you can pay for the service – personal check, Money order, Cashier check, Cash, Wire transfer and Credit Cards
Payment breakdown – the structure of payment throughout the process – 10% deposit, 60% on pickup and 30% on delivery
Long distance move – when moving from state to state
Local move – When moving within the state
Weight station – Certified stations where we scale the truck before and after the move
Ballpark – The initial quote that you will get from the moving company – usually there will only be basic info in the ballpark (from – to and move size).
Long Distance Move - Price Includes the Following:
• Pick-up & delivery.
• Loading and unloading.
• Free moving blankets will be provided.
• Standard disassembly and re- assembly of furniture.
• All taxes are included.
• No additional charge for elevator.
• Tolls needed to reach the origin for pick-up (if needed) are not included. All other tolls from origin to delivery are included.
• 30 days of free, complimentary climate-controlled storage. Let us know if you may need additional storage prior to booking and/or pickup. If storage is arranged after pickup, prices may vary.
Long Distance Move - Non-Shippable Items Are (DO NOT Pack the Following):
• Propane Tanks
• Guns / Firearms
• Live Plants / Trees
• Perishable Food
• Liquids (I.E. Shampoos, Conditioners, Cleaning Products)
• Gasoline / Flammables or Any Harmful Chemicals (I.E. Nail Polish Remover, Hair Spray, All Gasoline Tanks Must Be Empty)
• Pets / Persons
• Plastic Bags
• Valuables (Money / Jewelry / Prescriptions / Medications)
• Painting Supplies / Paint Thinners
Long Distance Move Insurance & Valuation
• Limited Valuation Protection of 60 cents per pound per article up to $10,000 per shipment is included automatically.
•We work with MovingInsurance.com for additional insurance. PLEASE NOTE - additional insurance coverage cannot be purchased on the day of the move. Please speak to your representative if you would like to be contacted by a representative of MovingInsurance.com to receive more information regarding Full Value Protection or other insurance options.
Relocation Accessorial Services
• Long Carry - First 75 feet are FREE of Charge. Any additional set of 50 feet thereafter will be charged at $75.00 per set.
• Stair Carry: First 2 flights of stairs (flight = 8 steps) are FREE of Charge. Any additional flights of stairs will be charged $75.00 per flight. • Shuttle Service - Minimum charge of $330 for truck rental + additional $65.00 per 100 cu.ft. (or 700 lbs).
• If there is additional packing labor and/or materials needed to perform the move there will be additional charges. If packing is added into binding contracts, all of these charges are estimated and the foreman may re-evaluate if necessary.
Interstate Move General Delivery Schedule
• 0-500 miles delivery spread is between 0-14 business days.
• 501-3300 miles delivery spread is between 3-21 business days.
• Delivery schedule begins from the first date you will be ready to accept your shipment (First Available Delivery Date).
Long Distance Move Payment Terms
•Deposit of 30% can be paid by any major credit card (4% transaction fee will be added for all credit card transactions).
• 40% of the total move cost is paid at pickup by Credit Card, Postal Money Order, Certified Check or Cash.
• 30% balance is paid at the time of delivery prior to unloading of the truck by Postal Money Order or Cash.
• Jobs with a 1-2 delivery day spread should pay the total balance by cash or money order.
• Jobs that are Midwest pickups (OH, IN, MI, IL, WI) the payment breakdown is as follows: 25% deposit; 50% paid on pickup; the 25% remaining balance is to be paid on delivery. The methods of payment remain the same.
• The 30% deposit is fully refundable up until three days before the scheduled move. Thereafter, the deposit will be forfeited.
See Actual Moving Estimate